These banana pancakes are a quick, healthy, protein-packed recipe ideal for breakfast or a satisfying snack. Bananas provide slow-releasing energy and provide sweetness without the need for added sugar. Oats are loaded with soluble fibre that helps fuel the good bacteria in our gut and improve overall health, as well as lower cholesterol levels. Eggs are a perfect protein source helping to keep us full and provide the body with all the essential amino acids it needs. They’re also a natural source of key nutrients including omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, D, E and B12 and antioxidants.
1 medium ripe banana
1/3 cup rolled oats
2 x whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp honey
¼ tsp cinnamon
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the banana mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Place the oats in a blender and blend until fine.
- Add the blended oats, cinnamon and honey to the banana mix, and stir well.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a little coconut, macadamia or olive oil
- Pour ¼ of the pancake mixture into the pan. Cook on one side for about one minute or until golden brown, then turn and cook the other side.
- Serve with fresh fruit or a topping of your choice.
Cook time: 10 mins
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves Per Recipe: 4
Serve size: 1 pancake