10 wooden skewers, soaked in water
1kg diced lamb, fat trimmed
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tablespoons moroccan spice
⅓ cup chopped parsley
2 x lemons juice
1 x red onion cut into squares for skewers
1 x red capsicum cut into squares for skewers
1 x green capsicum cut into squares for skewers
2 x cups natural greek yoghurt
¼ cup chopped fresh mint
Juice of one lemon
Salt & pepper
- Soak the skewers in water for five minutes to prevent them from burning while cooking.
- Combine the lamb, garlic, herbs, spices, parsley and the lemon juice in a large bow. Mix well and leave the meat to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Thread the pieces of lamb onto the skewer, followed by the capsicum and red onion and repeat this process.
- Heat a grill to high heat. Grill for 5-6 minutes turning the skewers to cook the kebabs evenly
- Combine the ingredients for the yoghurt dressing. Serve the lamb skewers with warm pita breads, salad and yoghurt dressing